Information we may collect from you
We collect your order and registration data. Our servers may also collect log and traffic data.
- Your email and password which you provide when registering for an account.
- Any information you provide when completing a form on our website, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment details and telephone number.
- Details of any transactions made by you through our website and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding our websites or their content.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our websites including, but not limited to, traffic data and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access.
Your personal information and how we use it
We use the collected data to fulfil your orders, to manage our Services and to improve your experience. We will send you emails based on your interactions with us, for instance order confirmation and shipping e-mails. If you consent, we may also send you promotional email alerts and newsletters. We may also use your information to help prevent fraud.
We use the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To fulfil you order, answer any queries or requests you may have, and carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To identify you when you make contact with us.
- To prevent and detect fraud. We may check your details with fraud prevention agencies. If you provide false or inaccurate information that makes us suspect fraud, we will record this.
- For statistical or survey purposes and market analysis to improve our Services.
- To ensure that content from our Services is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- To administer the Services and, if applicable, your Public Profile.
- If you consent, to send you marketing that may be of interest to you.
We may record and monitor communications between you and us to ensure quality assurance and compliance.
If you subscribe for our newsletters or otherwise agree to receive marketing from us, we may send you email alerts for new sales event launches, products, features, enhancements, special offers, upgrade opportunities, events of interest, and one-off marketing promotions. Such alerts may include marketing information about us, our subsidiaries or selected business partners. At any time you can unsubscribe from our contact list by following the unsubscribe instructions on communications sent to you or by contacting us.
In order to provide certain of the Services we use “cookies”. These are small text files that a website transfers to your browser for added functionality or for tracking your usage of the website. Cookies help us to improve our websites and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
For example, we use “session cookies” when you add products to your basket, and also to obtain statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns. These are saved to the browser only and disappear when the browser is closed. We also use “permanent cookies” to remember if you have visited us before; these will stay on your computer after you leave our website.
On most browsers you can refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies or by clearing your cookies. The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to disable cookies altogether, prevent the addition of new cookies or have a notification sent to you when you receive a new cookie. However, if you disable your cookies, your use of our website or Services may be adversely affected.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your data to our agents and contractors in order to fulfil your order, if required to prevent illegal and fraudulent activities, and to other trusted third parties as set out below. We only pass your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes if you consent.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- To our affiliates, to providers of our affiliate network services, or to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the our Services, for example processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks, from time to time. Our agents and contractors have strict contracts with us and will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform the services they are providing to us, upon our instructions.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
other legal rights, or if we believe that such action is necessary to protect the rights, property,
or safety of Lovecrafts, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other
licensed companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Information held about you by these agencies may be linked to records relating to other people
living at the same address with whom you are financially linked. If you need details of fraud
prevention or credit agencies from which we obtain and with which we record information about you,
please write to us at
6th Floor Corinthian House, 279 Tottenham Court Road, London, W1T 7RJ
We may disclose aggregate statistics about users of our Services to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes. This data will not include any personally identifiable information.
From time to time we would like to be able to pass your information to carefully selected third parties that offer products or services that have been identified as likely to be of interest to you. We will only do this if you have opted-in to receive such communications, for example when you complete a data capture form or placed an order with us. If you have not opted-in to receive such communications then you will only receive marketing communications sent directly from loveknitting.com or lovecrochet.com. After you have opted-in to receive third parties communications, you may ask us at any point afterwards not to share your information with third parties by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com as applicable.
Publicly available information
Any personal information disclosed on social networking sites becomes PUBLIC.
We also have a presence on a number of social networking sites. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information. You should exercise caution when adding Customer Content to your Public Profile (or another’s) or when using social networking sites and never disclose your personal information or any other information which you would not want to be in the public domain, now or in the future.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. If you follow a link to any of those sites, please note that we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites and we suggest that you check those policies before you submit any personal data to these websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these third-party sites.
We take the privacy and security of your details very seriously, but any Internet data transmission bears risks. All payment transactions are securely encrypted using SSL technology.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the Internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Any online payment transactions will be encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology.
We store only the last four digits of your credit or debit card and use only these in any communications with you. The entire card number is, of course, transmitted to the appropriate credit card company to process your order.
You should protect your password and your computer from unauthorised access by others, and always make sure you sign off when you finish on a shared computer.
Storage of your information
By submitting your data, you agree that we may transfer, store and process your information.
You may request us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes and to see the information we hold about you.
The Data Protection Act gives you the right of access to information held about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. You also have the right to correct any errors in this information.
As always, please contact us if you have any concerns.