Making a cardigan to wear to my sister's wedding. Knitting with a 4ply yarn as I want something more substantial to wear.
For the most part the part the pattern is well written but the arm increase instructions are awful, and the front decrease stitch counts don't allow for the fact that the stitch count changes in the bell-flower pattern. The layout of the pattern is not the greatest either - boxes everywhere, cursive fonts.
I did a knitted provisional cast on, rather than crochet cast on, which worked fin
9/5/15 I decided to re-start and add beads - this was a good decision as they really add a lot to the design. Stringing the beads looks great on the feather and fan sections and is very quick once knitting, but it doesn't work well on the edge panels, where there aren't proper stitches on either side of the beads so they don't sit right. I switched to the crochet hook method.
11/5/15 I am adding another pattern repeat before dividing as I want it longer than the pattern.