A Slice of Summer shawl
This shawl, knit from the center top down, is a half-circle sampler of lace patterns. From the leaf edging (that’s knit as you go) to the four tiers of different lace stitches, this shawl is a great lace tutorial. Using approx 450 yds of color-changing cotton fingering yarn (sample used Wolle’s Yarn Creations in “Magnolia”), the shawl is a slice of summer … perfect for summer days by the pool … or summer evenings at a candle-lit dinner. Directions are both charted and written-out.
C’mon, grab a slice of summer!
• shawl is started at the top with a garter tab of 9 sts.
• there is a Lace Edging along the straight-edge of this shawl
• lace pattern tiers are separated by inc rows to achieve the half-circle
• all stitch pattern directions/charts are placed near where you will use them in the pattern
• to make this shawl longer (after obtaining more yarn, of course), rep the final lace pattern (a 2-row rep) up to a total of 20 times to maintain the rati