Autumn Waltz Shawl
Made with fabulous Malabrigo Sock yarn, Autumn Waltz is a simple triangular shawl worked from the top down and trimmed with a pretty ruffle border. The size makes it possible to wear it both as a shawl and a scarf.
Finished Dimensions (Blocked):
One size: 56" (140cm) wingspan, 25" (62.5cm) spine
The pattern assumes knowledge of basic Tunisian crochet techniques, specifically how each row is worked as two separate passes, how to work Tunisian simple stitch, knit stitch and reverse stitch, and how to bind off your work.
You can find a few Tunisian crochet tutorials on my website.
A picture tutorial, walking through the first four rows, including a rather unusual method of creating a nice clean top edge is included in the pattern.
Materials and Tools:
- 880yd (804m) of Malabrigo Sock: two skeins, 100% merino wool, 440yd (402m) per 100g skein, sample made in shade Arbol
- Tunisian crochet hook with extension in size H 8 (5mm) or size needed to achieve gauge
- Standard crochet hook in size K 10 1/2 (6.5mm)
- 15 removable stitch markers (you may not need all of them once you understand the stitch pattern)
- Yarn needle for weaving in ends