We dubbed this scarf ‘before & after’ because it’s so ugly (truly!) before it’s blocked and so beautiful after. Knitted on the bias, this light, airy scarf has the smooth simplicity of stockinette stitch without all the rolling at the edges. The nearly sheer fabric is perfect for warmer days—layer two for coziness.
NEEDLES & NOTIONS
- US 7 (4.5mm) needles, or size to obtain gauge (works nicely on straights).
- One needle several sizes larger for binding off--we used US 11 (8mm).
- 3-4 yds/3m smooth waste yarn, crochet hook (size G (4mm) or larger) and locking marker, for provisional cast-on.
- Size 10 (1.15mm) steel crochet hook for placing beads.
- 2 packages Mill Hill size 6 beads (you’ll need 118 beads plus a few extras.)
- Darning needle.
- 3 short blocking wires.
Approx. 21-22 sts = 4"/10cm in Bias Stockinette