Delilah Monkey and Derek Monkey (Zombie...)
This started off as a nice monkey toy but then I got to thinking about halloween and well....zombie monkey was born/created/mutatified
The head and body are worked in one piece which is the reason it is the only piece not worked in the round...the spiralling made the head too complicated.
I've included charts and written instructions and found that using both makes the pattern nice and simple
Derek, who has been unfortunately zombified, has a pull out eyeball and detachable brain...poor Derek.
I used Sirdar Summer StripesDK for Delilah, which was lovely to use and needed a 2.5mm hook. She came out 21cm from bottom to head.
Derek was made using the cheapest acrylic DK yarn which needed 3.5mm hook. Not so nice to work - squeaky ew! but the result was ok. He came out 24cm from bottom to head.