This stranded hat has a repeating leafy motif. It can be made as a close-fitting beanie or as a slouchy hat. There are also matching mittens - the whole set can be bought together at a discount - look for the "Frond Hat and Mitten Set".
The circumference size can be adjusted in 2" increments by adding or removing pattern repeats. The circumference given is unstretched, but will stretch a few inches when worn.
Beanie (brown & grey): 18.5” circumference, 8.5” deep
Slouchy Hat (red & black): 18.5” circumference, 10.5” deep
- ~50g (200yds/183m) fingering weight yarn in dark color
- ~50g (200yds/183m) fingering weight yarn in light color
- short (40cm) 2.5 mm circular needle (or size to get gauge)
- 2.5 mm dpns (or a second circular needle) to work the crown
- tapestry needle for weaving in ends