Hobby Horse for Little Knights
For all the little knights and princesses... knit them a best friend to ride and play with! When you are done, hand the shiny new mount to your brave rider, and watch proudly for their exploits.
“Head Turn” (page 2) - Row 1 (WS) should read: Rm, k1-tbl, p9, k2, p3, p2tog, p1. Turn.
Length of head (back of head to nose): 25 cm (10 in) approx.Height (base of neck to tip of ears): 32 cm (12 ½ in) approx.Total height depends on length of stick; approx. 110 cm high (44 in) following instructions in pattern.
Needles and Notions
- 5 mm (US 8) needles ― Or size required to achieve gauge.
- Toy stuffing, stitch markers, darning needle, sharp tapestry needle, crochet hook (5 mm)
- Old broomstick handle / dowel: 120 cm x 25-30 mm diam (48 in x 1 - 1¼ in diam)
- Wooden or Plastic Toy Wheels (x 2) + matching axis / bolt and nuts, 2 washers.
- Saw, drill, sanding paper, wood screws and screwdriver.