The “HOLLY” hat - a classic winter cap
Knit in the round in a simple textured stitch, the holly leaves and berries are knit separately and sewn on later. The optional picot edge is crocheted.
• Pattern includes 6 sizes: Newborn / 3-6 months / 6-12 months / Toddler / Child / Adult
• Pattern is written in ENGLISH and uses standard U.S. knitting terms
• Instructions are for knitting in the round on circular and double pointed needles
• Gauge: 20 stitches = 4 inches (10 cm)
SKILLS YOU’LL NEED
• Knitting in the round
• Basic increases and decreases
• Knitting cables
• Knitting I-cord
• Basic crochet stitches (chain, single crochet)
SUPPLIES YOU’LL NEED
• Approx. 70 to 130 yds (64 to 119 m) DK or light-worsted weight yarn for hat depending on size made
• Approx. 30 yds (28 m) Fingering weight yarn for holly leaves
• Approx. 12 yds (11 m) Fingering weight yarn for berries
© 2012 Fiddlestyx™ ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY.
based on 2 reviews over the last year
Pattern pretty clear and easy to read
Very easy to do. Looked as good as the original picture.
Verified Purchase ・