How to bind off
In this video, we show you how to bind off to secure your final row of stitches. This might be the most satisfying stitch, as it means your project is nearly complete!
Here’s how you do it
- Knit the first 2 stitches in the normal way.
- Using the tip of the left needle, insert it into the front of the 1 stitch so the tip is pointing left to right.
- Then pass the first stitch over the second stitch on the right needle and drop it off the needle.
- Work the next stitch so there are 2 stitches on the right-hand needle.
- Then using the tip of the left needle pass the previous stitch over it and off the right needle. Repeat to end of row until only 1 stitch remains.
- Cut the yarn, then pull the cut length through the last stitch on the right needle and tighten.
Share this video
Watch more tutorials
02:44How to mattress stitchWatch along as we show you how to use the mattress stitch to join two pieces of knitting together.
04:37Button bands and button holesLearn how to sew bands evenly and make different sized button holes with our tutorial video.