How to work the knitted cast on
The knitted cast on is the most widely used cast-on for knitting beginners. Each new stitch is increased by knitting into the current stitch, and increasing by one, passing the new stitch from the right needle back to the left.
- Make a slip knot
- Place a loop on the needle and tighten.
- Insert the right hand needle knitwise.
- Bring the yarn around the needle
- Bring the needle underneath, and pull a loop upwards onto the left hand needle.
- Insert the right hand needle into the new stitch
- Bring the yarn around the needle.
- Slide the right hand needle underneath and pull a loop upwards onto the left needle.
Share this video
Watch more tutorials
02:05How to work the cable cast on Visible hems and a beautiful straight edge. Learn how to work the cable cast on!
01:48How to cast on with your thumbFaster than working with two needles and perfect for a long tail cast on!