Knittin' Love shawl
ETA: Updated as of 02042014 ... clarification and a correction to the border directions.
Whether you want to show the recipient how much you love them … or just want to show your love of knitting, this shawl is the perfect answer. Knit from the top down in 100% cotton (sample used approx 440 yds of a DK-weight cotton), this shawl keeps your knitting interest with the fun eyelet-hearts and traditional knit-on edging, while the unique shaping keeps the shawl on your shoulders.
Directions are charted and row-by-row.
• ALWAYS slip the first st of every row to make a nice chained edge
• shawl starts with a garter tab
• as the shawl “grows”, you’ll work more and more eyelet hearts
• border is a traditional feather-fan that ends in non-rolling garter stitch
• this shawl MUST be blocked for the lace to come alive and really show the heart-eyelets
• once you have the markers set, slip them as you go to keep the three panels and the 4-stitch garter edges in l