Long and shallow, the generous length of this shawlette makes it easy to tie in front or throw over your shoulder. Starting at the top, the body of the shawl is worked using simplified short rows and the lace edging to finish the piece is knitted on at the end.
- Length: 82”/ 208.5cm from end to end after blocking
- Depth: 16”/40.5cm at center after blocking
- MC: Noro ‘Silk Garden Sock Yarn’: (40% Lamb’s Wool, 25% Silk, 25% Nylon, 10% Kid Mohair; 328yd/300m per 100g skein); Color: S267; 1 skein.
- CC: Quince & Co. ‘Tern’: (75% Wool, 25% Silk; 221yd/202m per 50g skein); Color: Barnacle (139); 2 skeins.
For single-color version only, approx. 640yd/585m needed in total.
- 1 US 6/4mm circular needle 40”/100cm long
- 1 US 7/4.5mm straight needles (or circ if desired)
- Tapestry needle
Techniques used and described in pattern
- Picot cast on
- Short Rows