Mollie, My First Dollie
Mollie is the perfect first doll for your little one: she’s made all in one, seamless piece … lightly stuffed … very cuddly-cozy in her superwash wool. A baby’s first toy that’s fun to knit with its bit of colorwork on the yoke and measures roughly 11-inches tall by 6-inches arm-to-arm.
Knit in worsted weight on size 4 needles, you’ll need about 100yards of the main color, with 10-20 yards of the accent colors.
Mollie is a dollie to be hugged and cherished by your little doll!
• doll is started at the bottom, increased slowly and then shapped thru the body
• body sts are placed on hold while arms are knit
• arms and body are worked together to make the colorwork yoke
• the neck and head are created and then a cap is knit to the top of the head with a bit of i-cord to make the curved tip
• face details are stitched on once the doll is complete
• stuff the body as you go to make this completely seamless toy