Nami, which means wave in Japanese, is a light weight cotton cardigan knit from the bottom up. With wide ribbing, it fits nicely over the hips and is looser in the body. The sleeves are picked up and knit from the arm scythe to the cuff and the neck, button and buttonhole bands are picked up and knit after the body and sleeves are complete.
The cable and lace pattern is both charted and written.
- simple lace
- knitting cable and lace pattern flat
- knitting cable and lace pattern in the round
- 3-needle bind off
- picking up stitches
- sewing buttons
- Fingering weight 100% cotton yarn. 1035 (1110, 1170, 1334, 1460, 1620, 1700 ) yards
- Sample knit with Elann Lustrado; Fingering/4ply weight 100% cotton yarn; 185 yards in 50g; Color 8176 Natural; Size 35” used 6 balls
- 28 sts and 36 rows on needle size US4 (3.5mm) in stockinette is 4” (10cm) knit flat
- 32 sts and 35 rows on needle size US4 (3.5mm) in Cable and Lace pattern is 4” (10cm)