Odds and Ends Beginner Scarf
This pattern is suitable for novice knitters familiar with knit and purl and changing between the two. It’s a great way to try out some new stitches.
A simple, fun, unisex scarf, worked in a variety of easy, reversible stitches in either DK, aran or chunky weight yarn. Use a single shade for a classic look, or combine your leftovers and work each square in a different yarn to create something totally unique.
- For the DK version: 410 m / 450 yards. Suggested yarn: 4 x 50 g balls of Rowan Pure Wool DK
- For the aran version: 390 m / 415 yards. Suggested yarn: 2 x 100 g balls of Rowan Pure Wool Worsted
- For the chunky version: 240 m / 260 yards. Suggested yarn: 2 x 100 g skeins of Rowan Colourscape Chunky
- Chunky version: 6.5mm straight needles
- Aran version: 5mm straight needles
- DK: 4mm straight needles
Tension / gauge
22 (DK) / 18 (aran) / 14 (chunky) stitches over 10 cm (4 in.) in garter stitch