Rosebuds in Nice
The inspiration for this top-down triangular beaded lace shawl was the rosebud lace pattern. The design can be easily adapted to make whatever size shawl the knitter desires by changing the number of pattern repeats of the rosebud or the rosebud trellis charts.
Materials used and dimensions for the two sample shawls:
Full size cream lace sample shawl:-
* Knitted using 100g Fyberspates Scrumptious Lace - just 2g remained after the shawl was completed (Note - if adjustments need to be made to reduce the size of the shawl to accommodate the yarn available, I would recommend knitting fewer repeats of the rosebud chart (A).
* 2.25mm circular lace needles (100cm)
* Approxiately 1200 size 8 Miyuki beads
* Size of finished, blocked shawl: 37ins (95cms) deep along central spine, 77ins (190cms) wide across wingspan
* To achieve this size, the following repeats were worked