Using an intuitive and easy all-over cable pattern, the Shawgrove mitts are great at keeping chilly winds at bay. The cables grow organically from the ribbing before they wind across the hand imitating structures found in tree bark. Shawgrove are knitted in the round using one skein of worsted-weight yarn.
- Difficulty Intermediate – knit, purl, cables, knitting in the round, increases, and simple finishing.
- Yarn Rowan Pure Wool Worsted (100% wool; 219 yds / 200 m / 100g): Rosy #115, 1 skein. Substitute with approximately 219 yds / 200 m of worsted weight yarn. Yarn amount may vary if using different yarn.
- Gauge 24 sts and 30 rnds = 4 in / 10 cm in cable stitch pattern using 4 mm (US6) needles
- Finished Measurements 7 (8) in / 17.5 (20) cm finished hand circumference.
- Needles and Notions Size 4 mm (US 6) set of double pointed needles. Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain the correct gauge. Markers, cable needle and tapestry needle.