Spirit of the Southwest Shawl
The colors – a dark rich turquoise teamed with adobe gold and dusty burgundy – shown in this uniquely-shaped shawl are reminiscent of the the Southwest United States and all the romance and history of that area. This shawl is worked from the neck-edge down, with subtle shaping and a simple lace design that shows the hand-dyed fingering-weight yarn to perfection.
A fun knit and a gorgeous garment that works with jeans or a fancy dress – what more could you need?
Directions are charted and row-by-row.
• shawl is knit in one piece, starting at the neck edge
• always slip the first st of every row to ensure a nice selvage
• inc are strategically placed to ensure a rounded back with straight front edges
• the lace portions in dark turquoise are offset by the garter stripes in the multi-colored yarn
• the hem is finished with an original, chevron-lace stitch
• there is an abbreviations list on page 5 of this design; any questions, please email me