Umbel is a flat-knit square shawl, worked in a beautiful textured Estonian lace stitch. It is designed to stay on the shoulders, drape beautifully and keep you warm when there's a chill in the air. Instructions are provided for altering the size of the shawl, and it's possible for more advanced knitters to work this as a triangular shawl using the [Fill-in-the-Blanks Shawl Design] ebook.
Tech editor: [Akshata Dhareshwar].
1 size with instructions for working smaller or larger shawls.
‣ Finished size is 100cm / 40in across each side of the square,
‣ with a height of 70cm / 27.5in at the central point when worn.
‣ 3 balls Feza Kid Mohair [25gr; 85% mohair, 8% nylon, 7% polyester; 250m / 275yds; colour: 572],
‣ or approx. 750m / 820yds of lace-weight yarn.
‣ 4mm (US 6) straight or circular needles.
‣ 5.5mm (US 9) needle for binding off.
‣ 15 sts / 20 rows over 10cm / 4in in stocking stitch after bl