Wearin' My Heart on My Sleeve shawlette
Say what you will, there is nothing quite like knitting (and wearing) 100% cashmere!
This shawlette, knit up using a total of 50g of DK-weigh cashmere (one skein each natural white and pale grey) this shawl gets a bit of bling from carrying-along a strand of Kreinik’s Twist, a machine wash/dry metallic thread that doesn’t alter the gauge and yet does add a hint of sparkle to this sophisticated topper.
Directions are written out and charted!
• shawlette is worked from the left end towards the wider right end, creating vertical striping
• the top half of the shawlette is worked in garter-stitch stripes
• the lower half of the shawlette is worked in a heart and diamond lace panel
• the Kreinik Twist is carried-along with the gray only to allow for a subtle hint of bling
• the three buttons are placed in the upper right of the shawlette; the “buttonholes” are the yo-eyelets on the upper left end
• ALWAYS slip the first st of each row (as if to purl)